We look forward to seeing you June 22-24, 2023!
The ULF is dedicated to ensuring that families who want to join us at the Family Conference are able to – regardless of financial hardship. If your family is in need of financial assistance to attend this year’s Family Conference, please carefully read the guidelines below and fill out the application.
General Scholarship Guidelines
- Families affected by any type of leukodystrophy can apply. Families from all over the world are welcome and eligible to receive a scholarship.
- There is a limited amount of scholarship money available, and we have some funds that sponsor specific types of leukodystrophy.
- The scholarship will cover…
- Registration costs for two adults, and three children ($80 value). This includes 8 meals during the event: dinner on Thursday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
- Three-night’s stay (room rates and taxes) for one room.
- When booking a room, you will be asked to put down a credit card to hold the room. Your card will only be charged in the event that extra items are charged to the room (room service, movie rentals, etc.).
- The scholarship DOES NOT cover…
- Travel expenses to or from the hotel.
- Merchandise or additional drink tickets for dinners.
- Meals or snacks purchased outside of the meals provided by the ULF.
- Additional adult or children attendees in excess of the ones covered by the scholarship – these attendees will need to register separately and pay applicable registration fees.
- Scholarship recipients are required to actively participate and attend sessions throughout the entire Family Conference (Friday and Saturday).
- The ULF reserves the right to revoke a scholarship from recipients if…
- It is determined that scholarship recipients are not attending ULF sessions.
- Recipients are being disrespectful towards other attendees, ULF staff or volunteers, speakers, or hotel staff, or engaging in behavior this is disruptive to the event.
- Revocation of a scholarship will include the full hotel charge being placed on the credit card on file and immediate ejection from the event.
Applications submitted are for waitlist.
Thanks to the generosity of a family from the ULF Community, we have the opportunity to provide a travel stipend for a family with a newly-diagnosed child. By applying for the ULF Scholarship, you will be considered for this stipend separately and we will reach out to the selected family in April with further details.