The ULF Family Assistance Program
Thanks to a generous donation by the Hultman family, the ULF has established a memorial fund that is intended to provide financial assistance to leukodystrophy-affected families who are struggling to pay expenses directly related to the affected family member.
To be considered, a family must complete and submit an application form and demonstrate:
- Financial hardship – includes but not limited to; change in income, medical related expenses, and overall financial need. Note: Detailed information supporting the need, related to the affected family member, must be included.
- Proof of USA Residency – US citizenship is not required, but we are only granting funds to USA residents.
- Proof of leukodystrophy diagnosis – examples include a letter from a physician, test results with diagnosis noted in comments, etc.
- Grants will vary based on the financial need/ situation.
- A max of $500.00 USD, per affected family, is allowed per grant.
- Funds will be sent via a hard-copy written check.
- A family can receive no more than one grant in a 12-month period.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Hultman Committee four times per year. Deadline dates to apply for 2022 are: April 1, July 1, October 1, and December 1.
- Families that receive a grant are not eligible for an additional grant for one rolling calendar year, and each application will be considered separately.
- The information and documentation that families submit will not be shared beyond the Hultman Committee and ULF managing staff.
- Questions about the Hultman Family Assistance Program should be directed to the ULF Executive Director, Chris Rice via email at ChrisRice@ulf.org.