The ULF is dedicated to ensuring that families who want to join us at the Family Conference are able to – regardless of financial hardship. If your family is in need of financial assistance to attend this year’s Family Conference, please carefully read the guidelines below and fill out the application. Questions can be directed to Keely Mata at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 Scholarship Guidelines
Event Dates: Friday, June 24th and Saturday, June 25th, 2022
Scholarship application deadline has now passed. Any new applications received will be added to the Wait List.
Applicants will be notified as funds become available with further instructions.
- Families affected by any type of leukodystrophy can apply. Families from all over the world are welcome and eligible to receive a scholarship.
- There is a limited amount of scholarship money available, and we have some funds that sponsor specific types of leukodystrophy. You will be notified the week of April 4th on the status of your application.
- Preference will be given to the families who…
- Are diagnosed with the specific types indicated by our sponsors, who are providing the funds to support the family assistance program. This DOES NOT mean that other types cannot receive scholarships. We will make every effort to provide as many scholarships as possible, regardless of type diagnosis.
- Have not attended the conference before, or have not attended recently.
- The scholarship will cover…
- Registration costs for two adults, and three children ($80 value). This includes 8 meals during the event: dinner on Thursday, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Friday and Saturday, and breakfast on Sunday.
- Three-nights stay (room rates and taxes) for one room, Check In on Thursday, June 23rd and Check Out on Sunday, June 26th, at the Eaglewood Resort and Spa (approx. $475 value). Incidentals such as room service or other room charges will not be covered by the ULF. Additional rooms, or nights outside of the event dates, will not be covered by the ULF.
- When booking a room, you will be asked to put down a credit card to hold the room. Your card will only be charged in the event that extra items are charged to the room (room service, movie rentals, etc.).
- The scholarship DOES NOT cover…
- Travel expenses to or from the hotel.
- Merchandise or additional drink tickets for dinners.
- Meals or snacks purchased outside of the meals provided by the ULF.
- Additional adult or children attendees in excess of the ones covered by the scholarship – these attendees will need to register separately and pay applicable registration fees.
- Scholarship recipients are required to actively participate and attend sessions throughout the entire Family Conference (Friday and Saturday).
- There will be a sign-in sheet for scholarship recipients to fill out as they attend sessions and must be turned in to the Registration Table at the end of Friday and Saturday.
- The ULF reserves the right to revoke a scholarship from recipients if…
- It is determined that scholarship recipients are not attending ULF sessions.
- Recipients are being disrespectful towards other attendees, ULF staff or volunteers, speakers, or hotel staff, or engaging in behavior this is disruptive to the event.
- Revocation of a scholarship will include the full hotel charge being placed on the credit card on file (approx. $475) and immediate ejection from the event.