Our 2020 Scholarship application cycle will begin on February 17th, 2020!
Scholarship Applications Open: Monday, February 17th, 2020
Scholarship Application Deadline: Friday, April 17th, 2020
The ULF is once again thrilled to offer scholarships for those in financial need to attend the 2020 Family Conference. Families interested will need to apply using the form below or by calling the ULF Office at 815-748-3211. Only one application per family is allowed. Applicants affected by any type of leukodystrophy are welcome to apply.
- Two waived adult registrations and three children/teen registrations. Any additional attendees will need to pay the applicable registration fees. (Adults are $25, Children age 17 and under are $10.)
- One hotel room for three nights (nightly rate + taxes). Check-in date of Thursday, June 25th, and check-out date of Sunday, June 28th.
- What is NOT covered: room service, snacks/souvenirs from the hotel’s cafe, movie rentals, etc. These items will be charged to your card if they are charged to the room. Nights outside of the three nights of June 25th, 26th, and 27th will be charged to your card. There are absolutely no exceptions to these restrictions.
- Eight meals and four snack breaks, are provided to conference attendees and are covered by your scholarship. Meals are organized by the ULF through the hotel and provided at specific times. For dinners, you will be provided with drink tickets, one per person per dinner. Drinks during breakfasts and lunches are unlimited, but additional drinks beyond the one provided for dinner will be cash bar.
- If you choose to eat elsewhere – including the hotel’s other restaurants outside of the meals organized by the ULF that could be charged to the room – those meals will not be covered by your scholarship. Drink tickets are only usable at the specific areas for the ULF’s dinners, and will not work at the other bars at the hotel. After the tickets have been used, or if you choose to get drinks from the other hotel bars, you will need to purchase on your own.
- The items above are what are covered by the scholarship, and are the only things covered by the scholarship. Things that are NOT covered by the scholarship (travel expenses of any kind, merchandise or auction items for sale at the event, food or drinks outside of what is listed as provided above) are the responsibility of the attending family.
- These guidelines are in place to ensure that the ULF’s funds are being used ethically. People who abuse the scholarship system are taking away an opportunity for another family to attend the conference who could not afford to do so. All applicants are expected to follow the guidelines and requests of the ULF Staff. Deviations from the guidelines or staff requests will be cause for scholarship revocation and ineligibility of future scholarships.
- Please understand – if your scholarship is revoked, your card will be charged in full for the hotel room rates and taxes, and any other fees that apply.
- Your family will need to check in at the Registration area on Thursday. You are expected to attend and participate in the entirety of the conference, and you will need to sign in at the breakout sessions throughout the two days.
- Should you be found absent during the sessions, you will not receive any further scholarship funds from the ULF in the future. We reserve the right to revoke the scholarship if you are found to not be participating in the meetings, and the room charges will be applied to your credit card.
- Should you need to cancel your registration and/or hotel room, you need to notify the ULF immediately. If you cannot attend, we will offer the scholarship funds to another family on the waiting list.
- If you cancel your room within 48 hours of arrival, your card will be charged for the cancellation fees.
- Should you be a “no show,” your card will be charged any cancellation fees that the hotel imposes, and you will not receive further scholarship funds from the ULF in the future.
- Your family will display behavior that is respectful to the ULF and its staff, the hotel and its staff, and the other attendees of the conference. Inappropriate behavior will be addressed by the ULF Board or Staff, and could lead towards revocation of the scholarship and ineligibility of future scholarships.
- Questions can be directed to Keely Haag, Director or Operations, by phone at 815-748-3211 or email@example.com.